At Kriser’s, we are intensely passionate about pets. In fact, we believe our purpose is to improve the lives of pets by offering the best natural food, supplies and grooming services on the market. Every member of the Kriser’s family plays a critical role in achieving that purpose. As the Planner you are responsible for leading the top line financial strategies that inform buying decisions and inventory levels, and help achieve profitability goals. The incumbent must possess the ability to identify business opportunities and risks by analyzing sales and inventory performance data. In addition, this role will oversee the distribution and logistics teams to further optimize inventory productivity.
- Create top line financial plan for assorted merchandise categories that align with stated profitability objectives and goals. Adjust plan based on actual performance and anticipated changes.
- Administer Open To Buy weekly/monthly projections and forecasting to facilitate buying decisions and strategies.
- Analyze financial and sales data to identify growth opportunities and liabilities.
- Manage expiring product and aging inventory processes; initiate merchandise transfers, markdowns and exit strategies, and promotions.
- Report on variances to financial plan, inventory risks, and articulate remedial recommendations.
- Provide model stock inventory levels for stores, and new store inventory level projections.
- Supervise and lead distribution team activities and performance. Establish performance metrics and reporting.
- Govern the flow of product through distribution centers and oversee order audit process to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure inventory productivity and gross margin targets are achieved.
- Manage vendor shipping contracts and relationships.
- Facilitate inventory integrity practices including cycle counts, annual inventory counts and spot checks, with the Director of Operations.
- Oversee vendor rebate, buyback and chargeback programs in conjunction with Finance.
- At least five years of planning experience in retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis on or major in related field of study.
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management
- Strong analytical, strategic and conceptual capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Passion for Pets. That’s why we exist!
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the natural pet retail industry.