From the pet parents we help, to the products we sell, and every single decision in between, our passion to better the lives of pets is what drives us forward.
Accounts Payable/Invoice Matching Clerk for a growing premium retailer to support the accounting and buying teams to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments. This is a hands-on position with significant manual processing requirements. The successful candidate will be a team player, detail oriented and well organized. Position reports to Accounts Payable Manager. Part-time with the potential for full-time.
Retail is perennially fast-paced, energetic, and ever changing. Likewise, the incumbent assuming this role will need to possess a scrappy resourcefulness, an innovative spirit and a strategic mindset. Experience in and familiarity with a successful specialty retailer that delivers an innovative consumer experience is critical to that person’s candidacy as well. If it’s in the natural pet industry, even better.
At Kriser’s Natural Pet, our mantra is that all store support team members are truly in service to the field!
- Vendor Set-up; processing new supplier details or changes in the AP database
- Performing invoice matching functions, coding invoices, raising debit memos/credit requests and processing credits
- Invoice issue resolution with vendors and buying team
- Filing A/P documents, vendor request forms, check request forms/backup
- Sales Tax submission experience
- Running AP related reports as requested
- Communicating with suppliers and internal departments regarding AP queries & payment status
- Researching and resolving A/P Aging
- Back-up for processing check requests
- Record Retention for Accounting
- General office duties (photocopying, faxing and scanning documents)
- Perform various other duties, as required or assigned
- Minimum of High School or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ AP experience preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of Accounts Payable processes
- Basic - intermediate knowledge of Excel is critical and general PC skills
- Understanding of month end AP closing procedures
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills both written and oral
- Detail oriented (attention to detail is critical) and effective multi-tasking skills
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with changing processes and procedures
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to getting the job done
- Ability to adapt to changing operations and new systems
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Passion for Pets. That’s why we exist!
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the natural pet retail industry.